You may be wondering how I keep up with what's going on with the Web. As with anyone, it's a matter of consulting a variety of different sources: websites, blogs, news, tweets. Regular reading is important, but you don't have to do it every day. It really isn't possible to keep up with everything. But you can stay in touch with trends without too much trouble.
Some of the sites noted below can be followed in a variety of ways: on their websites, through RSS feeds, on Facebook or Twitter, etc. The alternatives are shown on the websites, so look around once you get there.
The short list below may not look like much, but these sites will keep you inundated with new material. You'll see.
- CNET Technology News - wide-ranging news about the Web, devices and the technology industry
- Mashable: The Social Media Guide - social media news blog
- ReadWriteWeb - blog about Web technology news, reviews, and analysis
- SearchEngineLand - Danny Sullivan and other journalists cover news, research and commentary on the world of search engines
- TechCrunch - prolific blog about technology in the Web 2.0 sector